A pre-diabetes diagnosis is a wake-up call and a call to action! The news that you have pre-diabetes should be taken seriously, yet many people who learn they have pre-diabetes take no action, and realize the negative consequences later. Even though pre-diabetes may have no apparent symptoms, anyone with this diagnosis should understand what this condition is, and what to do about it. The more you understand about pre-diabetes, the better you can take action to reverse it or minimize your risk of developing type 2 diabetes. If you would like this in e-book version without the audio or PowerPoint click here.
This PowerPoint Presentation will work on a PC and MAC (if you have Keynote installed). You get the PowerPoint slides in six parts with embedded audio. The outline of the content is:
Part 1 – What is pre-diabetes
- What makes it different from Type 2 diabetes
- Risk factors and symptoms
- Why you can’t ignore prediabetes
Part 2 – Getting Diagnosed with Pre-Diabetes
- Understanding Test Results
- Metabolic Syndrome & PCOS
- What it Takes to Turn Things Around
Part 3 – Getting started with weight loss
- What it takes to lose weight and keep it off
- Changing unwanted or emotional eating behaviors
- Having the “right stuff” on hand
Part 4 – The Power of Exercise
- What exercise can do for you
- How to get started
- Making time for exercise
- Aerobics and weight resistance
Part 5 – What can I eat???
- Components of a healthy diet
- What about carbohydrates?
- Tips on whole grains, protein and fats
- Go easy on the salt
- Reading food labels
Part 6 – Putting it All together
- Your weekly action plan
- Grocery shopping
- Makeover your kitchen food supply
- Think substitutions
- Tips for dining out
The bonuses included in the e-book are:
- Complete transcripts for each section
- Pre-Diabetes Resource List
- Tips For A Good Nights Sleep
- Body Mass Index Table
- Emotional Eating and Behavior Change Handout
- Healthy Foods Shopping List
- Are You Hungry Scale?
- Sample Walking Program
The information in these products is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. All content, including text, graphics, images and information, contained on or available in these products is for general information purposes only. You are encouraged to confirm any information obtained herein with other sources, and review all information regarding any medical condition or treatment with your physician. NEVER DISREGARD PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE OR DELAY SEEKING MEDICAL TREATMENT BECAUSE OF SOMETHING YOU HAVE LEARNED FROM THESE PRODUCTS.